16. 1. 2013

Behind the track: Lukas Hofer: "I would like to be one of the bests in the future"


Once upon a time...
...there was one young and strong biathlete in South Tyrol... and he still lives there. He loves biathlon so much that he would like to become a king of this sport. Many people like him and many of them think he would be a great king. Me too.
So we just made a little talk. Exclusively. Meet Lukas "Luki" Hofer



Everyone has its own story about first touch with biathlon. What's yours?
     "I started with biathlon in the year 2000. When I was 4 years old, I started to practice cross-country skiing but once I tried to shoot and I felt in love with biathlon. So I changed it, because biathlon is more spectacular as cross-country skiing, you never know who will win or loose!"

The end of last season - your result in the World Cup was the best from Italian team. Half of the season is still to come. Do you want to be the number one in your team again?
     "Last season was not so great for me, but I will fight back to be again in the position as I was 2 years ago. For me it’s not important to be the best Italian, but I would like to be one of the best biathletes in the future!"



World Championships in Khanty-Mansiysk 2011 - you won bronze medal in Mass start. Fantastic result - how do you remember this success and the celebrations?
     "The race was one of the greatest that I remember. We celebrated it all together just after the race with our team and also later at the disco in Khanty."

Olympic Games in Sochi are also in Russia. Is the podium and achieving a medal your main goal?
     "My training is programmed for Sochi. We will try to get the best shape for this Olympic games. We think that it's a great opportunity for us because the races are on a high altitude as in Antholz. And I think that everybody wants to win a medal!"

Maybe you will be successful in relay. Anyway, If you could form your own dream relay team - who would you choose?
     "Simon Eder, Me on the second loop, Emil Hegle Svendsen and Martin Fourcade."


Season 2010/2011 in Antholz. Lucky Italian team (Rene Laurent Vuillermoz, Markus Windisch, Luki Hofer and Christian De Lorenzi)
after 2nd place in relay



You were talking about Antholz. Many biathletes has named it as their favorite biathlon stadium. What's yours?
     "For me it is Antholz too, because it is sunny and I am at home with my friends.
But the second is Khanty, because I like the place but also the track. And one more thing - I like to race in the evening."

And where is your favorite place for trainings and for relaxing?
     "It is my home, and the home of my girlfriend."

How do your relax days look like?
     "I use to sleep as much as possible. If we are in training camp I listen to music, read a book, watch a film or we go outside to visit the place. At home I also practice the flight modeling and I play also the typical Tyrolean accordion! But normally after the races I try to spent time with my girlfriend."




We know biathlon is your life. But what other sports do you like to do?
     "Mountain running, mountain biking, table tennis and also paragliding."

Quite a lot. The nourishment must be very important then. We know Italian food is famous all around the world. Sure you like it. But what about any other food?
     "Of course I like Italian food! It's one of the best foods in the world, but I like also to try something new. I like the Austrian food too, because it is nearly the same as ours from south Tyrol, where I live."



Do you cook yourself? What do you like to cook most?
     "Yes, when I am at home I cook myself a lot! Various meals, because I know lot of things, but as an athlete I cook a lot of pasta, rise with vegetables."

And what about Italian mood? Is there anything that makes you a little bit choleric, angry or nervous?  
     "For me it is important to have a lot of fun in our training group! Sometimes there can be some problems, but it is normal!"

What can you make calm then?
     "Music can make me calm. I like it so much!"



You can also visit the official page of Luki Hofer:
www.lukas-hofer.com






Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára